Green Lipped Mussels Dog Treats
Green Lipped Mussels contain naturally high levels of Omega 3 which is essential in helping to maintain healthy bones and skin.
As with all fish dog treats, they are a great high value dog training treat and quick reward snack.
This dog treat is 100% Green Lipped Mussels with no additives or preservatives.
OMEGA-3 for dogs may have these benefits:
- Reduces infections caused by yeast, fungal, or bacteria in dogs ears.
- Treatment of allergic and inflammatory dermatological conditions in dogs.
- Training and learning enhancing properties (increased brain function)
- Reduces cardiovascular problems like sudden cardiac death or arrhythmias, blood clots and hypertension.
- Assists in treatment of ulcerative colitis, inflammatory bowel disease, and rheumatoid arthritis
- Good cholesterol rises with fish oil for dogs, providing a better cholesterol profile.
- Reduces incidence of renal damage.
- Reduces cancer cells proliferation.
- A high source of anti-oxidants which help cells repair themselves.
- shinier coat & control of “doggy odour” without needing regular shampoos.
Packaging: 100g, 400g and 1kg packs all come in a convenient stand up resealable pouch.
Dosage: There is no set recommendation for mussels and it can also depend on if it’s just for general well being or to help a condition and if its at the initial or maintenance stage. Each dog may also respond differently. Generally a good start is 3-6g for <5kg dogs, 5-10g for small dogs up to 10kg, 10-20g for 10-30kg and 20-40g for larger. Start at the lower end and increase over time if you feel it’s necessary.
On average each mussel is about 4g. ie around 250 per kg.
Mussel Powder: Our powder is an extremely high quality Green Lipped Mussel fine powder which is branded by other commercial companies with a much heftier price tag! Great for sprinkling on your dogs food.
Source: Ingredients are sourced raw from New Zealand (using New Zealand Green Lip Mussels) and dried in Australia